Sunday, March 2, 2008

Saturday Continued

Last nights move from Duke to Maria Parham (located in Henderson-5 min. from our house) was a great success. It seems we've arrived at the perfect time. Saturdays are light therapy days - only 1/2 day and then Sundays are off completely. Starting Monday morning the REAL work will begin.

It's been recommended by the therapists that I stay so I can assist him and so I can be trained to continue to assist him once we're home. I think he'll be here about a week.

Today, Harry walked some (with the Swedish Walker) and tried dressing himself (loose T-shirt and loose pj pants). He needed a lot of help but he did well for his first attempt. It was a little sad to see how little control or mobility he had with his left hand/wrist. I think it really got to him today. Later, we talked a little and I think he was reassured.

This evening, the kids came by and we all watched a movie in Harry's room. It was nice and felt kind of normal...which did us all some good. Tomorrow McKenzie is going to come by and sit with Harry so I can go to church. I'm really looking forward to it. It's nice to get out and back into "real life". But it's even better than home right now because home just reminds me of all of the stuff I'm behind on.

I feel really good about the boys spending some time together. I think it'll be really good for both of them. Harry misses the kids and McK sure could use some Daddy time.

I'm leaving pretty early in the morning, so I probably won't be able to write again until the afternoon or evening.

I know I keep writing Thank yous to everyone but I really mean it and just knowing that so many of our friends care so deeply is an incredible blessing. So....thank you....again! Goodnight.

PS: More blessings have come - in the form of food in our freezer and 5 post dated checks (to help in the coming months). What generous and incredibly thoughtful gifts. Thanks to all of you who are helping with immediate & practical needs. Blessings to you.

No comments: