Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 14th Update

Today was Harry's second Sunday at church. It was nice to see all of our friends there. I'm glad for Harry, too, that he got to see everyone so excited to see him again and tell him how good he's looking, etc. He is looking good. His recovery is coming along but he's still in so much pain. I wish I could take that away for him. He's got good pain meds but the pain never stops so it just goes from strong to dull. Then, as soon as the dose wears off, it's strong again.

Right now, he's got tiny pins trying to come through his skin. The really bizarre thing is that the doctors just said if they poke all the way through we need to put neosporin on it. That's too weird to be normal in my opinion....but I'm not a doctor. Anyway, it's no wonder he's in so much pain. He's also being very careful NOT to take the medicine anytime he can....he doesn't want to become addicted. (so much to worry about).

Harry's Mom, Sally, has been here with us for the past week. She just left this morning. She was a great blessing: taking Harry to his doctor appointments, physical therapy appointments, helping to run errands and get caught up on stuff in the house. She was also able to help out financially. I think, now that she's gone, things are really beginning to set in for me - emotionally.

Since the beginning (Feb 21), I've been so focused on comforting the kids and Harry. And, now, the reality is sinking in that, practically speaking, the things we shared before will fall on me. I'm not sure how I'll become all things to all people but I'm sure God will get me through that, too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling sorry for myself. In fact, I'm already liking my new found courage. I'm just also feeling the weight of what this situation will really require. I've been making a few changes around the house/yard to make it easier for the kids and I to do the necessary chores, etc. I've cut down some tree branches, handled some tools and parts (or whatever) that Harry had been going through from his shed, cleaned up some of the yard stuff and construction debris that he had on the side of the house. It was heavy and Ta'Ray and I were tired but we were also proud of the work we had done.

Hopefully, I'll have lots of other success stories to tell over the next several months. Right now I'm gonna go spend some time with the kiddos.....sorry for the abrupt ending but they are waiting for me.

Thanks again for all of the help and support. Sincerely, Kristie (and Family)

No comments: